My dog came in the other day with a swollen eye, the next day her whole face had swollen and she had vomited up her food.
I called the vets and they advised it sounded like a reaction to an insect bite.
We have just moved into a new house and there are a couple of fruit trees and flowering plants in the garden, which of course are like bee magnets!!
Hopefully my labrador (16 months) will have learnt that she cannot try to catch bees with her mouth (as she does with moths) however, I am worried that she may get stung again.
Its the start of spring here and the bees are going to be around for a while.
Is there anything that I can give my dog to prevent a further reaction if she gets stung again?
Also any advice on how to keep the bees away from her completely would be a great help – although I know that is a big ask……..