I was watching the show Jack*ss. Without going too much into why, one of the guys needed to know if he was allergic to bees and so had gone to a doctor to get tested for that.
She said he wasn’t allergic, but that if he happened to be stung by some of the hundreds of bees around him for this stunt, that he should avoid pulling out the stinger(s).
I was under the impression that the stinger continues to deliver pain-causing poison even after the bee has left and died. Because of this I thought it would be better to get it out if you were capable of doing so. Apparently I was wrong, but I can’t figure out why it would be better to leave it in than take it out.
Can anyone explain why the doctor told him to leave it in if he got stung?
sTePhenopolus (sorry if I got it wrong):
I don’t see any reason why she would lie in this way. I can’t really see how it helps her, unless she just doesn’t like him.